ACTIVITIES SELECTION GUIDELINES
Before you sign up, please make sure that you understand all Registration and Activities guidelines.
Make sure also that you know which activities you would like to sign up with by looking at the Activities list and schedule, and select them according to your priority. You’ll be required to input up to five activities based on your priority, subject to availability.
REGISTRATION IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
Check activity schedule. ( M F means Monday AND Friday; T Th means Tuesday AND Thursday)
- No log-in required. You will need to give the student’s details. You will need to provide your contact information (phone and email).
- You will need to sign up with the expectation that your child is attending all days of the particular activity. We will only accept single day changes when all enrollments are completed.Unless otherwise specified, activities with A and B groups are simply to differentiate the days they run.
- Please look for the confirmation note when you have clicked submit, there will be an email, however if you have submitted your address incorrectly you may not receive this but your entry will still have been submitted.
- Please note if you submit a second sign-up for your child, this will cancel your original entry so you will loose your first time stamp.
ACTIVITIES SELECTION: It is important to PRIORITIZE your child’s selections appropriately. Please see below the process in which the Activities Office place students.
- Students are sorted by their first priority in order of sign-up time stamp. (Where possible we aim to give everybody their first priority choice.)
- Should sign ups exceed the maximum capacity of a class, we place students on a wait list for their preferred classes. We will contact a wait-listed student as soon as a slot is open.
- Students are then sorted in order of their second priority in order of sign-up time stamp, filling any remaining slots, and then placed on the waiting list as above.
- This process is followed through all of the priority lists.
Please note you may submit another sign up, however we will take the most recent without exception, this will mean you will loose your original sign-up time stamp place.
LATE REGISTRATION: Registration after the deadline (August 18, 4pm) will be accepted for activities which have not reached maximum. You may add or cancel activities on or before September 17th.
OVER-SUBSCRIPTION: Should students exceed the maximum capacity of a class, we place students on a wait list for their preferred classes. We will contact a wait-listed student as soon as a slot is open.
UNDER-SUBSCRIPTION: Classes or activities that do not have a minimum number of 10 students may not open.
FEES: Some classes require a fee for materials. Payments should be made at the Cashier’s Office. The appropriate fees will be charged to the students’ school accounts after September 17th. A student will be charged for classes NOT cancelled by September 17th even if the student has stopped attending.
ONE TIME REGISTRATION ONLY PER STUDENT. DOUBLE REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. WE WILL ONLY HONOR YOUR MOST RECENT REGISTRATION.
IMPORTANT ACTIVITIES GUIDELINES/REMINDERS
Please note that if a student wishes to change an activity and sign up for another, he/she may do so at the Activities Office (inside ES Office) anytime, subject to availability.
ATTENDING WHEN NOT REGISTERED
Please make sure you have registered online with the Activities Office before attending any session. The coach will not let you take part unless your name is on the list.
Once a student has signed up and is attending an activity, they must attend every session unless the student or their parents have notified the Activities Office. The relevant coach can then be informed, so they can make plans for the session and keep a track of who is attending. When a parent advises the MS office of their son / daughters absence in the morning, please also email firstname.lastname@example.org at the same time. If a student is in school but is unable to attend their activity, then they should email the reason to the Activities Office.
ONCE REGULAR CLASSES ARE OVER
Please note, all students who are NOT involved in an after school activity should proceed home directly.
Students are expected to maintain the same good behavior as expected in their regular classes. Basic courtesy and respect for others and their property is to be practiced at all times. If inappropriate or disruptive behavior continues after warnings from the teachers, a student may be asked to refrain from participation in the After School Activity.
All students must take their scheduled bus. No activity extension will be allowed.
EARLY RELEASE DAYS
There will be no activities on early release days. Students must leave the campus at dismissal time due to there being no supervised after school activities.
BAD WEATHER/CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
If a decision is made to close the school after students have arrived, and before school ends, students will stay until 2:00 pm. After School activities will then be cancelled, and students will generally be expected to proceed home at the first available opportunity.